UL Integrated Test Automation Module
UL Integrated Test Automation Module
- Fully integrated and automated terminal test environment
- No manual involvement of a test operator
- Combine the power of the UL Brand Test Tool with your proprietary test automation environment
Who is it for?
UL Integrated Test Automation Module is the solution for Terminal Vendors, Acquirers, and Acquirer Processors that want to use their UL Brand Test Tool to automatically run a full brand certification test on a payment terminal without manual involvement of a test operator.
Why do you need it?
The UL Integrated Test Automation Module is an extension to the UL Brand Test Tool (containing qualified test cases for Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, UnionPay, JCB, Interac and DNA). It allows you to create a fully automated terminal test environment combining the power of the Brand Test Tool with your proprietary test automation environment.
The UL Brand Test Tool’s Integrated Test Automation module is linked to your test automation environment using a TCP/IP connection. If your test automation environment is capable of simulating ‘physical’ behavior (such as key entry and magnetic stripe card swipe), you are able to run a full brand certification test without the involvement of a test operator.
The test cases implemented in the UL Brand Test Tool are run by triggering card simulation using the UL SmartLink Box (contact chip), UL SmartWave Box (contactless tap), and/or UL SmartStripe (magnetic swipe). The tool evaluates the test case results and reports them back to your Test Automation Environment.
Your test environment is instructed which test procedure to trigger, which type of magstripe card to simulate (if applicable for the test case) and which POS user interface checks must be done (e.g. what text was displayed, whether the transaction was approved, whether the receipt has been printed). In this way, you can completely automate your test execution.
What is inside?
The UL Integrated Test Automation Module works in combination with your existing UL Brand Test Tool and UL Host Simulation Module licenses.
The controlling protocol for test automation is fully described in the comprehensive document provided. This allows you to code and implement your test procedures within your test automation environment.
- Automatically run mandated test cases qualified by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diners, UnionPay, JCB, Interac and DNA
- Kick-off your test automation process with maximum efficiency
- Scalable to multiple simultaneous terminal test runs
- Speed up your development and validation process
- Multiple instances of UL Brand Test Tool can run on one computer, allowing multiple simultaneous runs
Your test automation environment can run on the same or another computer
- A network license dongle and remote desktop are supported
- To retain qualification by payment brands, the UL Brand Test Tool test cases are kept as intact as possible
- Verdicts for brand test cases implemented are made by UL Brand Test Tool. For other test cases, UL Brand Test Tool can be used for card simulation only
- For each acquiring interface, the UL Host Simulator Module within the UL Brand Test Tool is used. It is still possible to run the test cases with or without Host Simulation checks
To streamline the construction of the automated test environment, joint development sessions with UL may be beneficial. This allows to kick-off your test automation process with maximum efficiency. Any specific requirements for customization will be discussed with UL beforehand so UL can provide tailored test automation support.
The controlling protocol between your test automation environment and UL Brand Test Tool Integrated Test Automation Module is based on JSON and supports the following features:
- The UL Brand Test Tool supports a request to start a specific test case (with or without Host Simulator checks)
- The UL Brand Test Tool supplies a list of checks that must be performed by your test automation environment
- At end of a transaction, your test automation environment sends the list of checks and results to the UL Brand Test Tool.
- The UL Brand Test Tool responds with the overall validation result for the test case (including any customer specific checks), and the location of log file for that specific test case.
The controlling protocol for test automation is described in a comprehensive document that is provided to you. This allows you to code and implement your test procedures within the test automation environment.
The POS Controller (not included) is the part of your test automation environment responsible for simulation of user input (key pressed, PIN entered, magstripe swiped, etc.) and for automated checks of the display and printer output.
Note that the UL Integrated Test Automation Module is an additional module, which can only be used in combination with the UL Brand Test Tool and the UL Brand Test Tool Host Simulator Module.
UL Card Spy
The UL Card Spy provides the ability to capture communication between a physical EMV chip and/or Contactless card and a terminal. For developers, this tool also enables performance tuning as information is traced, time-stamped, recorded and analyzed.
The UL Card Spy acts as a spy with contact cards by inserting the card into the UL SmartLink Box which in turn is connected to both a smart card probe and a PC. The UL Card Spy can also be used to spy communication between a contactless card and a POS terminal using the UL SmartWave Box.
The UL Card Spy is the ultimate product to test and ensure that the performance of your EMV and/or Contactless device meets your requirements.
The SmartWave Box uses RF at 13.56 MHz and supports card types ISO 14443 Type A, B and ISO 18092 NFCIP-1