UL Brand Test Tool - Standard
UL Brand Test Tool - Standard
The ultimate tool for EMV terminal brand certification for Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, UnionPay, JCB, DNA and Interac.
- One brand certification tool can be used to certify all major payment brands
- Supports all major payment card brands test processes
- One solution supports contact, contactless, mobile and optionally magstripe
- Qualified and confirmed by Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover/Diners Club, UnionPay, JCB and debit networks Interac, DNA and Pulse
- Improved solution for testing ATMs with motorized readers
Who is it for?
The UL Brand Test Tool is the most complete test tool available for Acquirers, Acquirer Processors, Merchants and Terminal Vendors that need to test, validate and certify payment devices before connecting to the major payment networks.
Why do you need it?
All payment schemes mandate proper testing before allowing payment devices to be connected to their network infrastructure. The goal of these tests is to ensure interoperability and to ensure your solution is an EMV-compliant, payment association certified terminal that can perform trouble-free transactions within your payment infrastructure.
Whether you are involved in acquiring EMV transactions, developing POS/ATM software or integrating retail payment environments, brand testing is essential and payment associations have made these tests mandatory.
The UL Brand Test Tool allows you to easily and successfully perform all brand testing processes required.
What is inside?
The UL Brand Test Tool has all the mandatory tests implemented for:
- Point of Sale (POS) terminals
- Mobile POS (MPOS) devices
- Automated Teller Machines (ATM)
- Vending machines and other payment devices
The UL Brand Test Tool supports you in the testing and certification processes of the major payment associations.
It has been qualified and/or confirmed by:
- American Express
- Discover / Diners Club
- Debit networks: Interac, DNA, Pulse
The UL Brand Test Tool uses card simulation instead of physical cards to perform the brand test cases. For ATMs equipped with motorized readers, the ATM Certification Module (qualified by AmEx, Diners, Discover, Mastercard, UnionPay and Visa) can be used.
With the optional Host Simulator, you have even more flexibility in your testing as it allows you to set and test host configuration parameters at your discretion.
- Always up-to-date with the latest specifications
- Card simulation for contact, contactless and magstripe without physical cards
- Allows transaction performance testing
- On-screen user guidance when performing tests
- Integrated with M-TIP and ADVT test processes
- Includes UL Card Simulator and UL Card Spy
Test automation for payment brands:
- American Express ICC Payment specification (AEIPS) for contact, Expresspay for contactless and American Express Quick Chip
- Diners Club International Acquirer E2E
- Discover Network Acquirer E2E and Discover Quick Chip
- DNA Terminal Certification POS Pin Debit E2E
- Interac Terminal FTT and Flash certification
- JCB Terminal Check for Implementation (TCI)
- Mastercard M-TIP, contactless PayPass M-TIP and Mastercard M/Chip Fast
- Mastercard PULSE POS Pin Debit End-to-End and PULSE ATM End-to-End
- UnionPay IC Card Test Guide for Acquirers
- Visa ADVT, ADVT-qVSDC, CDET and Visa Quick Chip
- The latest specification versions are always supported.
- Clear user guidance during all steps in the test process.
- Support for testing American Express Quick Chip, Discover Quick Chip, Mastercard M/Chip Fast and Visa Quick Chip.
- UL Brand Test Tool allows automatically populating the Mastercard M-TIP Test Report and Visa CCRT XML report file.
- The Host Simulator Module supports protocols such as VisaNet, Mastercard, BankNet, APACS 70, ISO 8583, AS2805 and Collis TLV.
- The ATM Certification Module is available to test ATMs equipped with motorized readers, using ATM Test Cards with a simulated card image and transaction logging capabilities (qualified by American Express, Diners Club, Discover, Mastercard, UnionPay and Visa).
- The UL Mobile Payments Module includes simulation of mobile wallets. This module allows you to test if your payment infrastructure is ready to accept mobile payments.
- The UL Integrated Test Automation Module allows to create a fully automated terminal test environment combining the power of the UL Brand Test Tool with your proprietary test automation environment. The controlling protocol for test automation is fully described in a comprehensive document.
- Simulated cards
Simulation of cards includes:
- American Express contact AEIPS and contactless Expresspay Card Images
- Diners Club Card Images
- Discover Card Images
- Interac Card Images
- JCB (TCI) Card Images
- Mastercard Card Images for contact and contactless M-TIP
- Subset 1
- Field Interoperability Subset
- Subset Maestro UK
- Subset 6 MasterCard
- Subset 8 PayPass
- Subset M-TIP
- Mastercard Card Images for Mastercard Interoperability subset (confidence) cards
- Mastercard Card Images for contact and contactless NIV
- Subset 3
- Subset 5 PIN Management
- Subset 6 PayPass
- Subset 7 PayPass
- UnionPay Card Images
- Visa contact ADVT Card Images and contactless CDET and ADVT-qVSDC Card Images
- Optionally includes Magnetic Stripe images for brand testing
- Contact testing: UL SmartLink Box
- Contactless testing: UL SmartWave Box
- Magnetic stripe testing - using the UL SmartStripe (optional)
- SmartConnect (optional)