The B2 Payment Transaction Engine (PTxEngine) provides a common interface to EMV-capable PINPads independent of the PINPad vendor's API. The PTxEngine enables management of EMV / Contactless transaction flows and PINPads and supports the following functions and transactions:
- Card swipe, card insert, card tap.
- Industry standard support for fallback transactions.
- Card read retry logic.
- Track2 validation against PAN and Expiry Date tags.
- Partial and full EMV transactions.
- Indicator for successful PIN entry and/or for signature required.
- Offline approvals by card at 1GAC & 2GAC.
- Merchant Stand-in approval functinality.
- Card association best practices for chip technology failures at 2GAC.
- Transaction tracing for development and field problem resolution.
- Last PIN try logic and prompting.
- Support for Quick Chip and M/Chip Fast transactions
The following PINPads are supported by the PTxEngine:
- VeriFone PINPads using the XPI Interface (Vx8xx, Mx Series, e3xx)
- Ingenico PINPads using the UIA Interface (iSCxx)
- Ingenico PINPads using CPX & Vega (iPP3xx, iCMP, iSMP)
- Ingenico PINPads using the RBA Interface (iSCxx)
- UIC PP791 PINPad
- Additional PINPads are available
The following Host interfaces are supported by the PTxEngine:
- Global Payments North platform
- Global Payments East platform
- Chase Paymentech PNS ISO platform
- Elavon Encompass platform
- NBS EPOS platform